Is Your Home Ready To Fetch Your Dream Price?
Obtaining a good price for your home is everybody’s goal when selling. However obtaining your dream price is even more appealing. The question is: “Is your home ready to fetch your dream price?”
Preparing your home for sale is important. Presentation, making sure your home looks and feels smart, is important when seeking your dream price. Tips for preparing your home for a dream price include:
- Finish all DIY projects. Before placing your home on the market make sure all your handyman projects and maintenance items are complete.
- A fresh coat of paint in a neutral colour will do wonders to the look and feel of your home.
- Lawns and gardens. Make sure your lawns and gardens present well. Trim overgrown shrubs and plants, repair any worn lawns, store garden tools neatly out of sight.
- Driveway and entrance. First impressions count, ensure your driveway and paths are clean (free of oil stains etc).
- Furnish to sell. Consult a home stager for styling tips, minimise your furnishings and consider hiring appropriate furnishings from a specialist company. You need to attract the right buyer for your home.
- De-clutter. Remove any clutter, unused toys, kitchen appliances, clothing etc.
- Bright and breezy. Open your home up. Lots of natural light enhances the emotional appeal of your home.
The important thing to remember is that you only get one chance at a first impression – make sure you capture the buyers interest from the very start.